Christian Heritage Home Educators of Wilmington
(And Surrounding Areas)
STATEMENT of FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant word of God. It is our only authoritative rule for faith and practice.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. In all things He is limited by nothing other than His own nature and character. We believe the God we serve is holy, righteous, good, loving, and full of mercy. He is the Creator, Sustainer, and Governor of everything that has been made.
- We believe in the true deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the full deity of the Holy Spirit, acknowledging His work in creation and redemption, together with the Father and the Son.
- We believe that because of Adam’s sin all mankind is in rebellion against God. From the salvation of such lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone, and that faith without works is dead.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved to the resurrection of life and those who are lost to judgment and everlasting punishment.
- We believe that Christian parents have an obligation before God to provide their children with a godly understanding of the world in which they are growing up. To that end, Christian education, however administered, is essential.
We agree with and do now sign the above “Statement of Faith” that has been adopted by CHHEW. I/We have read the CHHEW by-laws and understand our rights and responsibilities within this organization.